Customers often ask us how early in the event planning process they should hire their marquee, and the answer is as early as possible! Once you’ve chosen a date, your venue should be the very next thing on your ‘To Do’ list. And, the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get exactly the marquee, decor and furnishings you want, when you want them.
Plan ahead for peak times
We have a huge variety of marquees available all year round and we can supply and put up our marquees in as little as 48 hours, if required. That being said, to guarantee the marquee you want at the right time, it’s best to book as soon as you can.
Our peak times are usually April to September and over the Christmas period. So, if you’re planning an event in these months, especially for a weekend date, then it’s best to get in touch as soon as possible. We suggest giving us a call between six to 12 months before your chosen date to get the ball rolling.
Where to start…
- Our marquee calculator: This little piece of wizardry can give you a rough idea of costs before you even pick up the phone.
- Guest numbers: It a great idea to have ballpark figure of how many people you want to invite.
- Ideal location: If you have a location in mind, such as your back garden, the company grounds, etc, then let us know. However, it’s no problem if you don’t, as we will have plenty of ideas, too.
- What do you need in the marquee: do you need furniture, lighting or heating? We can provide everything you need, and the calculator will show you indicative costs too.
Give us a call
At Trafalgar Marquees we really are the experts when it comes to advising you on all the details of your marquee hire, everything from lighting and flooring to colours and decorations. And, once we’ve covered the basics of location and numbers, we’ll chat to you about the following, too…
- How would you like to use the space – one big area or lots of smaller ones?
- What type of food do you want to serve?
- How do you want to serve it? For example, sit down meal, buffet, food vans, etc.
- Do you need a stage, a dance floor or a bar area?
- Will additional catering or toilet facilities be required?
- What kind of decor do you want?
- Would you like atmospheric lighting?
Arrange a site visit
Following an initial chat, we’ll send our experienced team out to do a site visit. They’ll get an approximate idea of the size of the area, the surface the marquee will sit on and how level it is. They’ll also look at things like access requirements and parking before making tons of recommendations on everything form heating and lighting to flooring and more.
Why wait to hire a marquee?
The flexibility of a marquee really is second to none, and it’s the ideal way to create your dream event; one that’s the perfect size and in the perfect location. Plus, once you get the key decision on size sorted, you can then start having fun adding decorations, lighting and more to make your space completely unique.
So, once you have your date and an idea of numbers, give us a call on 01932 620060 and we will work with you to find exactly the right marquee for your event. Plus, don’t forget to make a start with our clever marquee calculator for an initial idea of costs.